To: GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing Community
- An AMA Pro Racing American SuperBike license is issued to eligible riders who have reached the minimum age of 18 years. (Age specific classes and endurance events do not count towards your eligibility.) AMA Pro riders who have held a Daytona SportBike license for one full year and have earned 100 advancement points in Daytona SportBike competition may apply for this license. New applicants must meet the criteria specified in the licensing documentation.
- The file can be downloaded at http://www.amaproracing.com//assets/2013-AMAPro-ASB-and-DSB-license-app.pdf
- An AMA Pro Racing SuperSport License is issued to eligible expert riders who have reached the minimum age of 16 and meet the criteria specified in the licensing documenation.
- The SuperSport License not only allows participation in the SuperSport class, but also the XR1200 series. For XR1200 competitors that intend to enter only XR1200 races, the SuperSport license is the correct credential.
- The SuperSport class will have two divisions with an equal number of points paying events scheduled per division. Riders may compete outside of their respective division however they will only earn and accumulate points toward their declared divisional championship.
- Riders who have won two Divisional or National SuperSport championships are no longer eligible to participate in the SuperSport class. Any overall National Championship along with the qualifying Divisional Championship earned in the same season will be counted as one.
- To highlight the younger SuperSport riders, a year-end award will be presented to the highest overall scoring 16 - 21 year old SuperSport competitor. This running battle of the future up-and-comers will be tracked and promoted throughout the season. Riders will not be eligible for this award in the season following their 21st birthday.
- The file can be downloaded at http://www.amaproracing.com//assets/2013-AMAPro-SS-and-XR-license-app.pdf