AMA Pro Racing is the premier professional motorcycle racing organization in North America, operating a full schedule of events and championships for a variety of motorcycle disciplines. Learn more about AMA Pro Racing at www.amaproracing.com.
For additional information contact:
AMA Pro Racing Communications, (386) 492-1014, email@example.com
Friday, May 24, 2013
Geico Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing Makes Announcement Concerning Revised 2013 Schedule
Statement from AMA Pro Racing on 2013 GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing Schedule Update
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (May 24, 2013) - In coordination with longtime GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing event promoter M1 PowerSports and in conjunction with the recent release regarding their plans for 2013, AMA Pro Racing announced today a revision to the 2013 schedule.
Chris Fillmore #11 leads Geoff May #99 during one of the Geico Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing events during the 2012 season in the AMA Pro National Guard SuperBike Championship Series. AMA Pro Road Racing photo by Brian J. Nelson.
"We are very thankful for all of the efforts of M1 PowerSports," said Michael Gentry, Chief Operating Officer of AMA Pro Racing. "While it is unfortunate that a GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing event promoted by M1 PowerSports was not possible for 2013, we're excited about the ideas they have for events in 2014 and beyond. We are enthusiastic about continuing to work alongside them to promote the sport of motorcycle road racing in North America."
The revised 2013 schedule is as follows:
1. DAYTONA 200 Week, Daytona International Speedway, March 14 - 16, 2013
2. Subway SuperBike Doubleheader, Road America, May 31 - June 2, 2013
3. Triumph SuperBike Classic presented by America's First Federal Credit Union, Barber Motorsports Park, June 21 - 23, 2013
4. Buckeye Superbike Weekend presented by Dunlop Tire, Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, July 12 - 14, 2013
5. Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, July 19 - 21, 2013
6. Miller Motorsports Park, Miller Motorsports Park, August 2 - 4, 2013
7. Red Bull Indianapolis GP, Indianapolis Motor Speedway, August 16 - 18, 2013
8. Devil's Showdown, New Jersey Motorsports Park, September 13 - 15, 2013
9. FIM Superbike World Championship Monterey Round, Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, September 27 - 29, 2013
Next up, GEICO Motorcycle AMA Pro Road Racing heads to Elkhart Lake, Wis. for the Subway SuperBike Doubleheader at Road America, scheduled for May 31 - June 2, 2013. For tickets and information, please visit http://www.roadamerica.com/.